By adopting a homeless dog rather than purchasing one from a breeder or pet store, you are making a conscious decision to end the horrible cycle of overbreeding and abuse. More importantly, you are changing the life of an animal in need. Together, we will be able to end the homeless dog epidemic.
Like most things, it takes time to go through an adoption process, bring your new dog home, and get him or her acclimated into a new environment. We can’t stress enough how important patience is with your new dog. If you’re having a hard time with your new pet, take a breath then give us a call. We are always here to help!
Dogs can get sick just like humans. In addition, they can also destroy things, have accidents, and knock over a frame or two with their tail wags. Makes sure you are ready financially for the care and unexpected costs of owning a pet prior to adopting.
There will be some moments during pet ownership you will be so happy you can’t believe it, but there will also be moments when you’re frustrated or even sad. Preparing yourself and others in your home, especially children, for the ups and downs is very important. After all is said and done though, having a dog will definitely be one of the greatest joys of your life.
- Check out the available dogs on our website—complete with bios and pictures
- Fill out an online adoption application for a dog that interests you
- Have a 30 or so minute interview with our Adoption/Foster Coordinator to learn more about the dog and see if he or she would be a good match for you and your family
- Go through the reference and veterinary check where your friends, family, and vet (if you have one) are called to make sure you are able and ready to take care of a dog and, if you have had a pet in the past, that that pet was taken care of
- The best part—the meet and greet! Once approved, you will be invited to come meet the dog you’ve applied for. Your entire family, including any dogs, must be present
- If the meet and greet goes well, you will be able to adopt the dog and will have a home check to ensure your home is safe for the new incoming family member
Adoption donations range from about $300-$600 which helps defray cost of veterinary and foster care and are tax deductible.
- All potential adopters must agree to a home visit before and after the adoption process. If you are interested in adopting one of our dogs, please complete an online adoption application